Sunday, September 13, 2009

Professionalism

I don't have much to say about this weekend which ended up being a bust. I had an audition Tuesday and got the part, but then this weekend we ended up only shooting one scene from the script and the the director canceled the shoot because his 3rd lead actress pulled out for the day of shooting. (just as the other 2 before her did as well). She was, however, available the rest of the weekend. Instead of continuing the shoot and continuing to shoot the film he scratched the whole thing wasting my time and money (I requested off the whole week), my friends time and money (who was the producer of the short and put everything together) and everyone else who was apart of this project. It was the kids first time at it and he didn't know what he was doing. He didn't know how to direct actors, he didn't know how to get a set quiet, he didn't even know how to slate a scene. It was a waste of time. To try and salvage the day my friend and I decided to use the equipment and shoot a hilariously, retarded short film. It's funny and was fun, but still didn't make up for the overall disappointment we all felt. The director said he was going to reshoot in about a month and i told him I wasn't going to play the role anymore because of my upcoming feature. That is partly true, the other reason is because I can't work with him again. I wish him all the best of luck in his future but he needs to learn how to direct actors and on set etiquette before he tries to shoot anything else. My friend, the producer, pulled out as well. Professionalism is the name of the game and a lot of people will not work with you if you're not. Doesn't matter whether it's a professional set, a Gorilla set, or an indie set...you need to be professional.

Cheers,
Jonathan Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment