Monday, August 31, 2009

Callback Audition - After

What a fun day!! The callback audition was everything I hoped it could be. Fun, entertaining, good people, and learned more about the overall project. It sounds intriguing and could get a lot of viewers. And from a personal stand point could get me more readers on my blog. We worked on 3 different scenes. We needed to be close to off book. I was, along with the other actors/actresses. We had fun, shot the scenes, improved a little, made jokes, were fed the best finger food in the world and watched what could be the final product. (with the new cast of course) I hope I get this gig. It sounds like a great opportunity. The only problem is the director has a day job. He works as a commercial director and works mon-fri. I however work mainly on the weekends. Which lies with my dilemma...We will be only shooting on weekends. Not every weekend of the month but at least half of them. And as my friend said on her blog, it's "Sucky September." So my day to day living looks to be taking a lot of hits and I told my mom that I feel like I'm back in LA. Just like in LA my overall goal or career is really picking up right now and I've been getting cast, having auditions, getting callbacks and all is great! But I am making zero money at my day job and with needing time off to shoot these films for little or no pay...it hurts my wallet. I just wish I could start making a living doing what I love to do, or have money to where taking a few months off to do a passion project doesn't hurt me. I guess I can't have both. Again in the end this is what i want to do with my life and it will become my career, so I have to say yes to any opportunity that comes my way. I'm a big believer in karma and karma works in a lot of different ways. Not only if you do bad things, bad things will happen to you, or if you do good things, good things will happen to you. It also works in the sense of if you go after your dreams and work for them, in the end it pays off. I truly believe that. I guess that's not really karma, just hard work and determination. As Russell Crowe said when he won his Oscar for Gladiator,

"When you grow up in the suburbs of Sydney or the suburbs of anywhere a dream like this seems kind of vaguely ludicrous and completely unobtainable; and for anybody who’s on the downside of advantage and relying purely on courage…It’s possible." -Russell Crowe

That's one of my favorite quotes of all time and when I meet him I will be sure to tell him that his quote helped me out, especially during the rough times. I grew up in the suburbs of Dallas and I believe it's possible...Anything is possible and I will not give up or give in no matter how bad it may look.

"Something comes from nothing if you're willing to believe." -Pillar, Everything

Cheers,
Jonathan Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment