Thursday, December 17, 2009

Taking the Next Step

Hello Readers!

It has been almost a month since my last post and I apologize for that. Honestly, just haven't had much to say, but I'm back with a new topic.

The weekend is upon us where I shoot my first ever feature length role. I've been looking forward to this and working towards this since I started acting 4 years ago (almost on my 5 year anniversary). As excited as I am about the shoot I can't help but wonder, what's the next step? How do I build from here? Every year I've made strides in the right direction towards ultimately making this my profession. It's time to take the next step and for me that's getting representation and joining SAG and/or AFTRA. It's time. Getting the right agent will help me get me to the next level and be able to have a good follow up to this feature length film.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Well done is always better than well said." Well, I have turned into my worse nightmare and have been doing a lot of talking of late with no real action to back it up. Most of the talk has been about what I plan to do for my next step. It's time to act on it and take the next step. I don't have to fear anything anymore. Sometimes fear is good, but when it stands in the way of you and your goals it's a bad thing. I've been fearless almost my entire career but recently have been making up excuses on why I'm putting things off, Why I'm not submitting for representation or why I can't do it right now. No More. It's time.

2010 is going to be a year that will change my life forever.

I'm going to write a blog about my Year in review and my personal awards for films/acting after the new year.

So until then...

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah! Happy New Year! and thank you for reading.

Cheers,
Jonathan Baca

No comments:

Post a Comment